Wednesday 4 April 2012

World Buskers Festival - Christchurch

The last night I went to Hagley park, where the Busker festival had its opening night. Very very good. As an anecdote, after watching some of the shows I thought it would be good to do some light painting and got the photo above after a couple of trials. Shortly afterwards somebody from the festival´s staff showed up to say photos were not allowed (although everyone was taping the show, and not only taking photos!). Obviously if you have a tripod and a DSLR you must be a pro...


I had my photo and did not feel like having a useless discussion with this guy while the precious sunset light was fading away so I moved on (which I wanted to do anyway) and started to take the next shot. Funnily enough after a while another guy from the staff showed up and said the photos were bombastic, and would I be so kind to send them by e-mail to the organisers? I even got his card! So, not very consistent treatment to photographers but a lot of fun.


And finally, as the light disappeared I thought of attending one more show in a dome, but all the tickets were sold out! I spent five minutes asking if anybody was willing to sell me their tickets until this guy shows up and says, there you are, you can have mine, for free! Somebody I met a long time ago in Cranfield would call this karma...

No comments: