Tuesday 13 May 2014

Domus Artis


Most of the photos in the Serenity series have been taken while the person was engrossed in reading. Or at least I asked for permission if it was impossible to get close unnoticed. Not this one though, this is a fully staged photo, which is quite unusual for me. I wanted to take a photo of Juan Alfonso in his great exhibition space, Domus Artis, and this is what I came up with making use of the big opening in the roof (plus a little bit of help of an off-camera flash).

Casi todas las fotos de la serie Serenity las he tomado mientras que la persona estaba absorta en la lectura, o al menos he preguntado antes si era imposible acercarse sin ser visto. Menos ésta. Quería hacer una foto de Juan Alfonso en su maravillosa sala de exposiciones, Domus Artis. Y viendo la luz que entraba por la ventana, esto es lo que se me ocurrió en ese instante. Para destacar un poco más la cara usé un flash a la izquierda de la cámara.

No comments: